September 4, 2013 • 31 minutes
Fred and Ian review the latest DB2 News, including the release of DB2 10.5 Fixpack 1, Serge Rielau’s return to DB2 blogging, the lack of criticism in non-IBM blogs covering DB2 BLU, and Fred’s DBA-crush on Time Travel Query.
Show Notes & Links
- Fred denies going to PDX Bronyfest
- DB2 10.5 Fixpack 1 has been released. See the release notes and APAR list.
- JSON Support inside the engine is out of beta. See the great
developerWorks Series covering the feature to learn more.
- Phillip Downey (WW IBM Program Director for DB2 Product Management) reveals greater mixed workload capabilities in Fixpack 1, even though the release notes don’t
- Serge Rielau is back with a post about DB2 performance
- How to find your DB2 license on Passport Advantage.
- $300 IOD discount available until September 13