Recorded May 26, 2014 • 40 minutes
Fred and Ian talk about the latest DB2 News; their impressions and take aways from IDUG’s conference in Phoenix; data encryption in BLU for Cloud; and they discuss how to handle database security patches that come out.
Make sure you check our newsletter if you’d like to receive an email when new episodes are released.
Show Notes & Links
- Fred really enjoyed Paavo Tukia’s talk on Capturing DB2 monitor data with Deltas
- Ian meant to link to Adam Storm’s session on populating BLU tables efficiently in episode 14
- Mike Rohde’s Sketchnotes
- Guy Lohman
- Michael Stonebraker
- DB2 10.1 Fix Pack 4 was released on May 22nd or May 23rd
- @angoca put together a list of Fixpack Release Dates
- A handful of nasty DB2 LUW security issues were also fixed